Water Slide Decal Instructions, Tips, and Tricks
- Paint your nails, let dry completely.
- Cut out the image you want to use.
- Place in WARM water for 5 - 10 seconds.
- Use your thumb and index finger to slide the paper backing from the image.
- Place the image on your nail, pressing down to remove bubbles.
- Add top coat to seal in the decal.
Tips & Tricks:
- Clear backing decals work best on light colored polish. For best results paint the back of the image (only the image) with white acrylic paint of nail polish. Let the paint dry completely before adding it to your nail.
- White backing decals will pop over any color polish, but you need to trim VERY close to the image.
- Trim round edges for best results.
- Lightly dampen the underside of the decal before adding it to your nail to help it adhere to your nail and lay flat.
- If your chosen water slide decal does not have words/lettering on it, then you can treat the decal similar to a temporary tattoo. Cut the image out, place it image down on your nail (white backing facing you). Take a damp cotton ball and place it over the decal for 5 - 10 seconds, remove the cotton ball. (The backing may not be ready to remove yet, if it's not place the cotton ball back on top of it until it's ready.) Remove the white paper backing. Use a cotton ball or swab to remove excess water. Add topcoat.